The Evolution of The Old Mill Yearbook

Jasmine Outen, Mikey Adelberger, Max Carzon, Staff Writers

Mrs. Tambellini (Tambo) is the current yearbook teacher at Old Mill High School and has been since 2006. The making of the yearbook was Mrs. Tambo’s first job here. In 2006, she created her first yearbook and to this day it’s still her favorite yearbook. During her first years here, she used to use the stories that her dad used to tell her when she was younger and hide the names of those people in the stories inside the index of the yearbook.

“It was something special that I did, it was like my own little touch,” Mrs. Tambo said.

During Mrs. Tambo’s senior year of college, she interned with the Journalism teacher at a local high school. That teacher took on the responsibility of making the yearbook and the constructing of the school newspaper. This teacher was Mrs. Tambo’s inspiration when taking on the job herself.

Mrs. Tambo’s passion is creating the yearbook. There are always ups and downs when taking on a job that utilizes creativity. The amount of stress that comes with the job is worth it to Mrs. Tambo and it’s what she enjoys doing.

“Deadlines are so stressful for me, but the best part is when I see students collaborating things in their groups, and the passion that shows through them is what makes me feel like I taught them something,” Mrs. Tambo said.

Mrs. Tambo’s future consists of making the yearbook until she is unable to anymore. She plans a lot and looks at things to use for the next yearbook throughout every year. Planning in advance is her biggest passion, and it’s what she loves to do. If she ever stops making the yearbook, she does have plans to continue her creativity elsewhere.

“If I ever stopped making the yearbook, I would like to go work at CAT North, The Center of Applied Technologies, for the digital production program,” Mrs. Tambo said. “Now, when I completely retire, I’ll hopefully be working at my favorite store of all time, Trader Joe’s.”