The Cause for Paws

Old Mill High School's Animal Rescue Club meets in Ms. Carleton's room every other Wednesday during PRIDE.

By Natalie Perron and Tristen Klipp, Staff Writers

Animal Rescue Club is an Old Mill High School sponsored club that meets in Ms. Carleton’s room every other Wednesday during PRIDE. The club is sponsored by Ms. Carleton. The club does fundraising for animals in need. This includes pets and wild animals.

Club President, junior Chaya Dailey told us about the different fundraising that Animal Rescue Club does. Currently the club is selling World’s Finest Chocolate Bars to raise money for endangered elephants. They have also made toys for cats. Dailey says the club plans to do Penny Wars to raise additional funds. The club has also made homemade heating pads for animal shelters. They raised money at the winter carnival this school year. They also plan to sell t-shirts soon.

Animal Rescue club is a newer club at Old Mill, but already has many regular members. The club’s officers include President Chaya Dailey, Vice President Amira McCrae, Secretary Sydney Lallier, and Editor Morgan Cromwell. The club always has room for new members or students who just want to help.

After speaking with club members, we found that Animal Rescue Club is a great club to join. The club goes on and plans field trips to places like cat cafés and animal shelters. The club brings many fun experiences and allows passionate animal lovers to work together. It allows a member to have time for other activities as well, as it only meets once every two weeks. The club could also be used for resumes and college applications.

“I joined because I like to help animals, and unlike humans, animals really can’t help themselves in times of need,” said club member Lauren Sapp (grade 11).