Almost There

By: Tabitha Cobb and Samara Chambers, Staff Writer

field-hockey-team-photoOld Mill 2016 Field Hockey Team, led by Heather Arnold. Ends the season with 8-7, losing in the Regional Championship game. The Patriots started off the pre-season with 2-0. The first game of the season was lost in strokes against Annapolis High School. The Patriots bounce back for the next two games, winning at home. The rest of the season consisted of back and forth wins and losses, but the score never truly reflected how the girls played together.

When asking one of the captains Payton O’Toole what was the hardest game of the season, she responded, “Annapolis definitely had to be our hardest game.”

The patriots had a hard fought season of major wins and losses, but in the end all they had to focus on was Regionals.

Asking head Coach Heather Arnold how she planned on preparing her players for post-season, “Old Mill has conditioning 3 days a week, and we have intense drills.”

A co-captain of the team, Madi Downey, commented on the preparation of the season, “We did a lot of running and challenging drills, as well as strength and conditioning.” She also added, “I agree that Annapolis was our hardest game.”

Many of the players on the Patriots have been playing field hockey for a while, the seniors have played under Coach Arnold since her start four years ago. Under Coach Arnold they’ve had the opportunity to attend two Regional Championships.

“I love the sport field hockey and I want my players to love the sport as well. I want my players to work hard every day for me, and to prepare them for the real world.” Coach Arnold stated.

The Patriots lost in the Regional Championship to Dulaney High School 1-0 ending the season on November 2nd.