Boys Soccer: A Better Season

By: Vera Lee Mason, Alexia Lara, and Kristian Montout, Staff Writer

Old Mill High School Boys Varsity Soccer Team had a decent season, beginning in the first weeks of school and ending on October 28 at Arundel because of a loss with a score of 2-1. The season ended with a recorded of 6-6-0.

The team lost in their first game in the playoffs against Arundel with a score of 5-3. Getting to the playoffs wasn’t easy with games like the one against Severna Park in the season with the score of 5-0. Thanks to their great skills the boys were able to make it to playoffs.

Player Nate Milju said “The team needed to work on getting ball out of pressure but did well on counter attacks”

Another player on the team, Ronmel Alfaro, said “Offense is something we are good at but still needed some work on.”

The school’s Boys Junior Varsity Soccer Team had a decent season as well, their season began in the first few weeks of school and ended with an away game. The team lost in a game against Broadneck with a score of 0-1 on October 20. The season ended with a record of 6-4-1.

Even though the junior varsity soccer teams don’t attend Playoffs, it gives them time to prove that that they can make it to varsity in the next year or so. No team is perfect every team has potential to improve.

Player Thomas Mariano said “The team has good sportsmanship but the keeper could use some work”

Both Varsity and Junior Varsity teams could say they had quite of a season, wish them luck on the next season and the new round of students coming to play.